🥇 Best Mattress In The World (2020)
Our Quick Pick's
Before we get started, if you are simply looking for our top recommendations then look no further:
This Guide will help you to buy the Best Mattress In The World!
Are you looking to buy the best mattress on the market? Sleeping soundly is both a science and art that is made possible by different factors. The first and most important of these factors is the place you sleep. Your bed.
Mattresses and beds, in general, have truly evolved over the past centuries. The first mattress with stabilizing springs was first developed in the 1800s. A set of uniformed springs would be placed inside upholstered layers.
Back then, innerspring mattresses were extremely expensive to manufacture. This then led to manufacturers only being able to sell them to hotels, who then passed the cost down to their high paying guests.
It was only after world war 1, that the mattresses were mass-produced. The first company to do this, made a killing, selling them at exorbitant prices. Despite these prices, the public still bought the mattresses in droves.
Since then, mattresses have evolved immensely as the market has grown exponentially. With the passing of time and the advent of new technology, mattress features have also evolved, to match the customer's needs.
oday, mattresses come in all shapes and sizes, constructed with various materials and put through rigorous tests to ensure they meet the standards.
Best Mattress In The World
Our Top 5 Mattress In The World
#1. Our Overall Top Pick
Linenspa is a very affordable mattress company that has so many varieties of mattress designs like memory foam, innerspring, memory foam hybrid, and latex hybrid. These mattresses have very low prices for the materials used.
The 8-inch hybrid mattress combines memory foam which includes the traditional support of an innerspring mattress. This is perfect for kid’s rooms, guest beds, or an affordable low profile option.
This memory foam has a 1.5-inch plush layer which helps align the spine to minimize pressure points and ensure increased comfort.
This foam ensures the unique curves of your body to minimize pressure points. Underneath the foam top, there are 6-inch steel coils which offer the support and durability of a spring mattress.
This is a very unique design which distributes body weight to contour and support as you sleep. The spring layer of the mattress provides the traditional bounce many like in an innerspring mattress and improves the breathability of the mattress.
This mattress is finished with a cosy knit cover, and compressed and shipped in a box for convenient delivery and setup.
This mattress is very durable and long-lasting. Linenspa is especially famous for its mattresses. This is one of the cheapest mattresses on the market.
This mattress has a 10 year U.S. warranty. This mattress is available in a medium-firm 8-inch profile, a medium 10-inch profile, or a plush profile that also features gel infusions and individually encased coils.
Twin Size dimension: 39 X 75 X 8 inches,
Product weight: 30 pounds approximately.
- This is perfect for kid’s rooms, guest beds, or an affordable low profile option.
- The layer of soft memory foam cradles your body at the time of sleeping and relieves pressure points.
- This is the cost-saving mattress.
- It has 10 years limited warranty.
- Thick mattress for the price.
- It provides coil support and foam contour.
- It has some issues with durability.
- Warm sleepers may experience some heat retention with this mattress.
Zinus is in the business of creating harmony. It’s why they fit fluffy beds into boxes and make bed frames and sofas which are so easy to assemble as they are to relax or fall asleep on. They are here to design tiny reminders that life is good.
The entry-level bed of Zinus includes green tea and charcoal in their memory foam to keep the bed smelling fresh from the time of opening.
The Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch Green Tea Mattress ensures comfort with a memory foam layer and Pressure Relieving Comfort Foam layer which provides to the natural shape of the body.
It has the Airflow High-density Foam layers which provide long-lasting durability and stability. The mattress is made of Knitted Jacquard fabrics. The Green Tea Memory Foam comfort and pressure relieving support for a better night’s sleep.
This foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content.
This 12-inch green tea mattress is built with 3 inches Memory Foam, 2 inches Comfort Foam, 3.5 inches Airflow High-density Foam, 3.5 inches Airflow Base Support Foam. A safe and trustworthy anti-oxidant, It is infused a safe and trustworthy antioxidant with natural green tea extract to maintain product freshness.
This bed is a great choice for those who are looking for a classic memory experience, especially those without thousands of dollars to spend.
The attractive price makes this memory bed experience accessible to almost any budget. This bed is very durable and long-lasting with a very affordable price. This mattress has a 10-year warranty provided by the manufacturer.
Queen Size dimension: 60 X 80 X 12 inches,
Product weight: 62.5 pounds approximately.
- This is a very comfortable bed.
- One of the best parts of the bed is the knitted Jacquard
- The Green Tea Memory Foam comfort and pressure relieving support for a better night’s sleep.
- This foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content.
- Zinus infuses its memory foam a safe and trustworthy anti-oxidant with natural green tea to keep the bed always fresh.
- The manufacturer gives 10 years limited warranty for this bed.
- Sometimes the musty smell doesn't go away.
- Sometimes the mattress doesn't fully expand.
Classic Brands is famous for manufacturing the finest mattresses by using craftsmanship, innovative design and premium materials sourced around the world. The goal of the company is to provide the customer with the ultimate in mattress comfort resulting in the most satisfying and restorative sleep possible.
The 14 Inch Cool Gel Memory Foam Mattress conforms two leading sleep technologies to provide a cloud-like luxury feel. This memory foam has Gel-infused which absorbs and displaces the heat derived from the body and keep comfortable throughout the night.
This memory foam mattress includes a beautifully corded waterfall edge and knit sides for breathability. The high-density base foam helps to relieve pressure points and conforms to the body and provides unparalleled support during the night.
This foam also conforms to the body while the cool gel regulates temperature. This memory foam is naturally hypoallergenic and resistant to allergens, mould, bacteria, and dust mites and meets CertiPUR US program standards for performance, emissions, and durability.
It is designed with medium plush feel with firm support and adjustable base friendly.
This mattress has a full 6 inches of comfort padding layers to allow the body to pleasantly stay in comfort. The first 2 inches of foam is ventilated gel foam which is a polyurethane-based foam with gel-infused into it.
Below that layer, there are 2 inches of cool gel memory foam. Memory foam is more durable than standard polyurethane foam. That means this mattress will have a more consistent feel through the lifetime of the mattress.
Final 2 inches of polyurethane foam ensures the soft feeling of this mattress. This mattress has 10 years limited warranty.
Something that differentiates this mattress from the rest of the beds in the Classic Brands is that it comes with 2 memory foam pillows included in the box.
Product Dimensions: 76 X 80 X 14 inches,
Product weight: 122.6 pounds approximately.
- Gel-infused ventilated memory foam creates a plush and comfortable sleeping surface in the whole night.
- This mattress meets CertiPUR US program standards for performance, emissions, and durability.
- The memory foam layers reduce pressure points between shoulders, neck, and back.
- With this mattress, there is 2 Shredded Memory Foam Standard Pillows FREE.
- It provides unparalleled support during the night.
- This mattress is naturally antimicrobial and resistant to allergens, mould, bacteria and dust mites.
- This is a little bit harder than other mattresses.
- Sometimes Chemical Smell won't go away.
Nectar is the number 1 fastest growing company in the U.S. It is recognized as the fastest-growing e-commerce retailer by Internet Retailer, Nectar is a memory foam bed-in-a-box mattress which is designed for every kind of sleeper.
Nectar mattress has extraordinary comfort, support, and perfect sleep. It has premier hypoallergenic materials like hand-cut foams, woven muslin, and soft staple breathing fibres.
It has patented layers, the cooling woven cover and construction help to breathe better, support more evenly and provide a night of better sleep.
This mattress is constructed from four special grade performance layers and a uniquely milled cooling cover. The cover is fully removable, filled with a healthy aloe based cooling gel layer to assist air wicking.
Nectar offers a home trial of 180 nights to make sure Nectar is just right for everyone. Nectar is built to the highest standards with the best materials. This mattress provides ultimate support to all types of sleepers. Even on those 90° nights, this sleeps cool, gently regulating heat and ensures ideal temperature all night long.
This Mattress has Built-in Protection against bed bugs.
It is incredibly soft and will feel great against the skin. This has happened only for its cotton material which is not only comfortable and soft, but it’s also breathable and environmentally friendly too.
The cover also has a unique gel memory foam. This helps the cover to eliminate pressure on the body for a more comfortable sleep. It is also Certipur Certified. So the foams used in the construction are tested to be free of any harmful chemicals.
This mattress is actually a lot more affordable than most of the other mattresses of its type. This is very durable and long-lasting. Nectar introduced what they call, “The Forever Warranty" which means that they guarantee the construction, and durability to the original purchaser.
With every mattress purchase, there will be two free Nectar Premium Pillows. They will be found in the mattress packaging.
Product Dimensions: 80 x 60 x 11 inches
Item Weight: 82 pounds approximately.
- Nectar is the number 1 fastest growing brand in the U.S.
- Two free premium Pillows will be given along with the mattress.
- Anyone can try Nectar risk-free for 180 days and return it if they are not 100% happy.
- This mattress has forever warranty which is the longest warranty in the business.
- This Mattress is very Comfortable and Well-Made.
- It's very affordable.
- It has Built-in Protection against Bed Bugs.
- Some people don’t like the lack of springs.
- There’s only one firmness setting.
From furniture to home accessories, Molblly never falls short of style or affordability. They assure the best product at a cheaper rate. Molblly 12 inch memory foam mattress is one of them.
This memory foam mattress is designed with three layers all-foam system which helps to improve support and heat dissipation. The mattress layers include 3 inches of memory foam, 3.5 inches of comfortable layer, and 5.5 inches of high-density base support foam which ensure ultimate comfort.
It also includes a soft hypoallergenic cover layer which is washable. This foam has been certified by CertiPUR-US and Oeko-Tex Standard 100, which means there are no harmful substances like formaldehyde, mercury, and other heavy metals.
The all-foam bed design combines expertise and the best materials with advanced sleep technology. This Memory foam ensures a continuous airflow & breathable environment.
This mattress has skin-friendly fabrics that adapt to the environment to keep the mattress surface at the ideal sleeping temperature. The no-sink support foams adapt and conform to the body for optimal pressure relief. It also has specialized foams which reduce motion transfer of a partner. It ensures undisturbed sleep.
This mattress is packaged in a box for shipping. The box allows it to easily be delivered to the door of the customer and expand to its full lofty shape inside the home. This mattress fits in all frames, such as box spring, floor, slatted base, flat platform or adjustable bed, hospital bed.
This mattress is so much affordable. Because it comes directly from the manufacturer and bypassed huge retail mark-ups, shop rental costs and sales commissions. This bed mattress comes with 10 years warranty.
- The cover is hypoallergenic and washable.
- This is certified by CertiPUR-US and Oeko-Tex.
- It has good motion isolation.
- This mattress doesn’t have the gas smell.
- This mattress is very much affordable.
- The quality of the mattress is undoubtedly great.
- It contains fibreglass, which may not be good for everyone.
- This mattress is too soft for heavier people.
Do you need a new mattress?
Today, mattresses are made of various raw materials which range from natural to synthetic, inexpensive to super-pricey. Searching for the best mattress is not something one should do hastily. There are so many options available out there now, the onus is on you to know what you are looking for.
- How do you know you need a new mattress?
- When your old one starts to sag
- When you have hidden pockets and stashes under it from 10 years ago
- When you start to feel protruding springs
- When you remember how the kids would jump on it when they were five and now they are off to university
These are just some of the reasons why you should get a new mattress. And also because shopping for one is such great fun!
You may be wondering why we are placing so much value on a good mattress and you getting your hands on one. It is because sleep is a vital part of your life, it is when you get to regenerate and regroup. Sleep is your place of calm. If your mattress is lumpy, or bad quality or simply isn't cutting it anymore, that's your happy place up in smoke. So why not take the time to make sure you sleep well.
Take a look at our top picks.
Best Mattress In The World - Buyers Guide
Why are you getting a new mattress?
The first thing to consider when looking to buy a new mattress is the reason why you need it. If you are looking to get a mattress to help ease pain then there's a particular firmness you need to be looking for. For example, you may suffer from arthritis, or hip pain or joint and muscle pain. The firmness level and features that come with the bed will need to be specific to helping with pain relief.
If you need it because you are looking for a way to sleep peacefully through the night, then you need to look for something that suits your comfort level.
What is your sleeping position?
We all have our favourite sleeping positions. Sometimes even when we try to adopt a new one, somewhere in the course of the night, we switch to default settings. Different sleeping positions have different support requirements. Knowing your sleeping position will help you get a mattress that caters to you adequately. Your perfect mattress will depend on whether you are a side, back or stomach sleeper, or perhaps you toss and turn all night. Side sleepers tend to prefer softer mattresses that conform to your body. Stomach and back sleepers prefer firmer mattresses.
If you weigh more than average, then you probably sleep hotter and sink into soft mattresses. Find a mattress that will give you the right amount of support. For example, if you are a heavy side sleeper, you might find a latex or foam mattress to avoid problems with pressure points.
Do you sleep cool or hot?
If you naturally sweat more, then you probably sweat when you are asleep as well. The last thing you want is a mattress that sleeps hot and will encourage you to sweat. So choose a mattress that is designed with a cooling system. A mattress that does not retain heat. Usually, innerspring mattresses and hybrids allow for more air circulation.
Know your materials
Mattresses are made of different materials.
Innerspring mattresses have steel coils supported by a layer of polyfoam. Memory foam mattresses are made of either polyfoam or a combination of polyfoam and memory foam. It is renowned for its comfort and ability to conform to the sleeper's body.
Latex mattresses support core with a natural or synthetic latex comfort layer made from Sap from the Rubber Tree (Hevea brasiliensis). Hybrid mattresses are made of 2 or more inches of memory foam or latex for comfort and pocketed coils for support. Airbeds have air chambers that are inflated or deflated to reach the firmness you need.
What sizes do mattresses come in?
There are different sizes of mattresses, and so it is important which one will suit your needs and preference. Most mattresses come in standard sizes. Twin beds are 38 by 75inches and fit 1 person. Twin XL's are 38 by 80inches and also fits one person. You can also get a full or double mattress which is 54 by 75 inches and can fit up to 2 adults. Queen size mattresses are 60 by 80 inches and fit up to 2 adults. The next available size is a king size mattress which is 76 by 80inches a can fit 2 adults and a child or pet. Mattresses also come in the California king size which is 72 to 84inches and can fit up to 2 adults and multiple pets or children.
Look for a mattress that is firm enough for you. Mattresses come in varying firmness, from super soft to extremely firm. You will find that with the softest variation, you sink into the mattress, whilst the firmest option has no conformity and does not sink.
Keep in mind that your weight will contribute to how much you sink into the bed.
What Thickness do mattresses come in?
Mattress thickness varies from less than 5 inches to more than 15 inches. Your need for the mattress will also determine the thickness you can deal with.
How much should you spend on your peace and comfort? It almost sounds like a rhetoric question but the reality is that budgets exist. Like every other thing around us, mattresses have the high end and the low end. memory foam and innerspring models are generally lower priced than other models like latex, hybrid, and airbeds.
Check on your mattress's durability. It will give you a clue as to how long it will last and when you should be looking to replace your mattress.
If you are a light sleeper, then you will definitely appreciate a mattress with motion isolation. Motion isolation means your sleep partner can toss and turn all night and not wake you. This is an important feature if you also share the bed with your child.
Most mattresses tend to sag along the edges because this is where most people to sit when getting into bed or waking up. Mattresses with great edge support will hold up.
Investing in the greatest mattress on the market is just that, an investment. What may be the best for one person may be the worst to another. Before you commit to a mattress, know the reason why you need it and what features you need to look for in a mattress. Find the best fit for you. If we had to distil it all to a few pointers it would be the following:
- Make sure it's comfortable for you. Don't take the website's word for it, or the floor salesman's word, test it yourself.
- Mattresses are not one size fits all. Find one that is specific to your needs.
- No one knows your needs and your life better than you do. This includes how much space you like in your bed. Mattresses come in different sizes, from single to king size.
- Test the firmness yourself and do not just rely on labels. Remember that softer does not always mean better.
- Scour blogs and pages and channels online for user reviews.
- Decide on your budget and stick to it.
- A rather unconventional mattress you could consider is an air bed. You can adjust the firmness with a remote, to the setting you prefer or need.
- Innerspring mattresses have been around much longer than foam or hybrids, however, they are not necessarily the best. After a while, they tend to start protruding from the mattress.
- Take your time and consider which option works for you best. Mattresses come in memory foam, natural latex, water beds, air beds, innerspring, hybrids and so much more.
- Understand what each mattress type offers before making a decision
- Hybrids offer you a combination of materials in one mattress. It makes your life easier if you are not sure about what type of mattress you need.
- There might be much ado about something when it comes o big names in the mattress making industry. Take a look at some of the big manufacturers. There is a reason why they are renowned.
- To top it all off, look for a mattress with a good warranty. This is the support system the manufacturer provides the customer.
More Top Mattress Guides
Didn't quite find the right mattress within in this guide? Don't worry - we have literally covered everything from the best mattresses for side sleepers, through to the best mattresses for hip pain. Read them all here - Mattress Category Page.