King Koil Mattress Review – Should You Buy?
Post Written By Sleepedia
This is a King Koil mattress review are American made products that are manufactured with input from the International Chiropractors Association in order to produce mattresses that promote proper spinal alignment.
They are known for having above average temperature regulation features and a build that reduces movement across the bed.
The brand has released a wide variety of them in all sorts of makes and builds. The question is, which one is right for you? We’ve put together a list of King Koil mattresses and their defining features to help you decide.
The World Luxury Collection
In our King Koil mattress review, this collection mainly houses hybrid ones. All of them are infused with temperature regulation technology in the form of King Koil’s AvantaGel and iFusion designs.
They are also fitted individually with 1000+ Perfect Contour Reaction Coil Systems which provide added comfort. All mattresses in this collection have silk and wool blend covers that are infused with a cooling gel foam for temperature regulation.
King Koil’s Kingsley mattress line feature hybrid mattresses with more focus on innerspring design. These are the mattresses in the line:
- Kingsley Firm, a medium firm.
- Kingsley Plush, a medium soft.
- Kingsley Euro Top, a very soft.
Each mattress features a support base fashioned from pocketed coils that are carefully encased in foam followed by a base layer made from polyfoam.
The comfort layers on the Kingsley Firm and Kingsley Plush mattresses are built with one layer of memory foam followed by a polyfoam layer while the Kingsley Euro Top mattress has two layers of polyfoam beneath its comfort memory foam.
- This one line is easily the most comfortable that King Koil has to offer.
- The price range of the Kingsley line is much higher than other similar mattresses from other brands.
The Montego Line features hybrid mattresses fitted with iNergex rapid response foam that provide extra comfort and conforming contours to the memory foam layers. These are the ones in the line:
- Montego Luxury Firm, a medium firm mattress. This one has memory foam, gel memory foam, and polyfoam layers on top and therefore feels almost like a memory foam mattress out of the three in the line.
- Montego Luxury Plush, a medium soft mattress. This one comfort layer is simply fitted with memory foam.
- Montego Luxury Pillow Top, a very soft mattress. This one has a comfort layer system that features gel memory foam and polyfoam layers, between which are extra memory foam inserts.
Each mattress has a constructed support core layer that features foam encased pocketed coils.
- These mattresses are extremely comfortable and have plenty of cushioning.
- The price range of the Montego line is much higher than other similar mattresses from other brands.
The World Edition Collection
The World Edition Collection line exclusively showcases innerspring mattresses that are fitted with a body-conforming encased coil technology known as the 789 Contour Flex EC with K2 Edge.
This technology allows the mattresses to contour and respond to your body’s curves and edges and reduces movement across it. Each coil is steel reinforced and incased to relieve pressure and provide edge-to-edge consistency when sleeping.
All of them in this line come with quilted covers infused with AvantaGel gel foam for temperature regulation and added durability.
The Siena Line only features one mattress: the Siena Firm mattress, which is one with high firmness. Its topmost layer is made from polyfoam for comfort, and its support center is constructed with pocketed coils over a polyfoam base layer, which reinforces the coils’ strength.
- This mattress is inexpensive and offers decent value for money.
- The mattress doesn’t have that many pressure relieving properties, especially compared to similar mattresses from other brands that share its price.
Although it is from an innerspring mattress collection, one of the Sidney line mattresses may be classified as hybrids by some.
- Sydney Firm, a medium firm mattress. This one has a top comfort layer made from polyfoam and a second layer beneath it made of more foam for added comfort.
- Sydney Euro Top, a medium soft mattress. This one has a top comfort layer made from memory foam and a second layer beneath it made of polyfoam for added comfort.
Both mattresses in this line have a support center constructed with pocketed coils over a polyfoam base layer, which reinforces the coils’ strength.
- The layers in this line focus a lot on cooling properties, making it a great bed for temperature regulation.
- The foam lacks in thickness, meaning it may not offer sufficient support to some sleepers.
The Monaco line doubles up on features with its iFusion Lumbar Support foam that helps with spine alignment and to relieve pressure in the back and neck.
- Monaco Plush, a very soft one.
- Monaco Euro Top, a medium soft one.
Both mattresses come with an AvantaGel top foam layer and a base layer of the usual King Koil coil system, with the lumbar support foam slotted in between them.
- The mattresses in this line offer a good amount of back support and have great thermal regulation. On top of that, they’re more inexpensive and decently affordable given what they have to offer.
- There may be less pressure point relief in this mattress as it lacks comfort layers.
The World Extended Life Collection
There is only one line in this collection, which is focused on innerspring/hybrid mattresses that make use of Talalay latex foam.
Both in this line make use of Talalay latex, a kind of material that is more responsive than memory foam and also often more expensive.
Both also make use of superior, high quality, and high-density foams as well, which offer added strength and durability. The spring systems in both mattresses make use of the 1000+ Perfect Contour Reaction Coil System. The mattresses in this line are:
- Athens Firm, a high firmness mattress. This one has its layer of Talalay latex sandwiched between two high-density polyfoam layers. Its fabric cover is also stuffed with a similar foam. Meanwhile, its support core is made of the same foam encased pocketed coil as other models.
- Athens Plush, a medium firm mattress. This one has a top layer of high-density polyfoam, which sits atop iNergex rapid response memory foam. Beneath that is the Talalay latex layer, and the support layer is constructed from pocketed foam encased coils. The mattress comes with a fabric cover that is gel infused.
This is likely to be a very comfortable mattress line. The Talalay latex adds a bounce and responsiveness to the mattress that other models do not have.
The mattress may sleep hot for some individuals. In addition, it is quite expensive when compared to other mattresses from other brands that use similar materials.
The World Luxury Intimate Collection
This collection currently only has one mattress line of innerspring/hybrid type mattresses. It is easily the most luxurious of the mattresses that the brand offers.
The Vienna line is an interesting part of the King Koil brand as it features the topmost layer made from Jomo wool as one of its integral characteristics.
All products in this line also make use of the AdvantaGel temperature regulation gel memory foam beneath the Jomo wool layer. These are the mattresses in the line:
- Vienna Plush, a medium soft one. Under the top comfort Jomo wool and gel memory foam layers, the mattress features GelResponse Latex and iNergex rapid response memory foam.
- Vienna Firm, a medium firm one. Under the top comfort Jomo wool and gel memory foam layers, the mattress features GelResponse Latex and iNergex rapid response memory foam.
- Vienna Euro Top, a medium soft mattress. Under the top comfort Jomo wool and gel memory foam layers, the mattress is fitted with ThermoGraph temperature regulation foam, GelResponse Latex, and iNergex rapid response memory foam. It also has an added layer of coils above its support core in the form of micro coils.
The mattresses also come with the usual 1000+ Perfect Contour Reaction Coil System, meaning all of them to have support cores fitted with foam encased coils.
- These mattresses provide luxury and comfort thanks to their many layers and superior materials.
- This line is the most expensive that King Koil has to offer.
The iMattress Collection
This collection features King Koil’s mattress-in-a-box designs. They are all fitted with covers that are infused with copper yarn in order to promote healthier skin and remove odors.
All the mattresses in this line are relatively good quality and reliable, but they all share one negative side: they are often more expensive than other similar ones from competitor brands. These are the mattresses in the collection.
- G10 Firm. This medium firm mattress is fitted with a top layer of TriFusionFOM for temperature regulation, followed by rapid response iNergex memory foam and a high-density polyfoam support base that conforms to the body and adds to the mattress’ durability.
- G12 Plush. This medium soft one has the same features as the G10.
- Hybrid Firm. This medium firm mattress has a top comfort layer of iNergex rapid response memory foam and high-density polyfoam. Like mattresses in the World Edition Collection, the Hybrid Firm has the 789 Contour Flex encased coil system with K2 Edge as its base support.
- Hybrid Plush. This medium soft one has a top layer of TriFusionFOM for temperature regulation, followed by rapid response iNergex memory foam. It has the same coil support base as the Hybrid Firm.
- XS 10 Hybrid Firm. This medium firm mattress is one of the more luxurious in this line. Beneath its copper infused cover, it houses iFusion technology foam that regulates the mattress’ temperature, and its support base is a 630 Contour Luxury Plus Encased Coil System.
- XS 50 Hybrid Plush. This medium soft one has the same features as the XS 10.